The unanimous Declaration of the thirteen united States of America, When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature’s God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation… Continue reading “O’er the land of the free…”
Last week I was in a shopping mood so I headed out to Nordstrom’s. I left the store empty handed, feeling saddened and disenfranchised and vowing to write to the CEO. Why?… Continue reading “You can’t always get what you want…”
The weekend is here and most of us are looking at a three-day holiday on account on Memorial Day (aka: the start of summer). I am looking forward to a few leisurely days spent cooking, gardening, working on long-ignored embroidery and painting projects and wasting some time surfing the web. Here are a few things I’ve recently stumbled upon that might help you waste some time too…
- The Great American Read asks how many of the top 100 you’ve read (the books I’ve read are highlighted) and lets you vote on your favorites. PBS – we seriously need to discuss 50 Shades of Grey and great in the same sentence!
- Ever wonder how the whole 4-20 thing got started? My money is on the Waldo theory.
- The ultimate groupie reminisces about rocker love and lust in the 70’s
- Mr. Boddington makes me want to write long letters to my favorite peeps while sipping a mint julep
- Doesn’t this dessert look yummy? I’ll let you know next week since I plan on trying the recipe this weekend.
Hope you all have a great opening summer weekend doing whatever you like to do with whomever you like to do it with!
I came down with a serious case of RWF (Royal Wedding Fever) this weekend and am only now recovering. Did you tune in to watch Megan marry Harry? I could not bring myself to get up at the crack of dawn to watch live but have spent a LOT of my free time since Saturday looking at all of the pictures and video of the event and am still captivated by each image from the ceremony, all of which show the radiant couple beaming with joy and love… Continue reading “Going to the chapel and we’re gonna get married…”
I really believe that all mom’s try their very best but it is such a tough, all-consuming, unselfish and demanding job that it can occasionally – or permanently – overwhelm even the strongest amongst us. Some would argue Mother’s Day is a ‘Hallmark holiday’ but who really cares? If it reminds us to take a few minutes out of our increasingly self-absorbed lives to reach out to a woman (or man) who gave you unlimited love, unstinting encouragement and ever-constant support to make you the person you are today then it can’t be all bad. To all the mom’s I know – whether biological, adoptive, step, or foster – thank you and here’s wishing you a day full of laughter and love this Mother’s Day!
Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 13th. You could wait until May 12th to get your mom a gift, or you could take inspiration from 2018’s ‘color of the year’ and get your mom something uniquely lavender before her big day. You and I both know what your mom really wants is a few minutes of your time, hearing about your life and maybe sneaking in a hug or three if she’s lucky! That said, it never hurts to ensure you remain her favorite by gifting her a little something something that say’s ‘thanks’.
I’ve been working without a day off for a few weeks now, preparing for “Who Am I,” a community writing and art show featuring the works of 42 participants ranging in age from 6 to 90. Between packing up the old show, matting and framing the new, and preparing the show materials I haven’t had time for much of anything except a few stolen moments wasted on the web, looking for my next adventure. Here are a few items that held my attention long enough for me to want to experience each in person…
- CamCon, InkCon, and CannabisCon ALL coming to Miami May 29th
- Spaceport America is not the tourist attraction New Mexico hoped for
- A fascinating story on how Nashville became one BIG Bachelorette Party
- Screw Coachella – these pictures make me want to see Palm Springs by moonlight
- Count me in for an October visit to the Big apple to shop at the Manhattan Vintage Clothing Show
How about you? Do you have the itch to get away somewhere? Where would like you to escape to for a few days…or weeks? I’d love to know…
It’s the day before we spring forward and walk around like zombies for a day or two before our rhythms circle back into place. It’s also the first Saturday in a while that I can ease into the weekend with a few cups of coffee and some serious web surfing. Here are some of the things I stumbled upon that held my interest for longer than a passing glance…
- Charlie Sheen and Lenny Dykstra had a toxic bromance and it makes for a riveting read
- Bunnies, birds, bugs and more amazing CD sculpture by Sean E Avery
- 2018 Shortlisted and Commended entries @Sony World Photography Awards
- Heads up! The dualism and dichotomy of identity at the Gucci Milan Fashion Show
- Juana Gomez embroidered self-portraits are the epitome of ArtScience & ArtLab
Hope you have a good weekend doing your thing….and don’t forget to turn back your clock (or have Alexa do it for you!)
It’s no coincidence that we celebrate Valentine’s Day and National Condom Day on February 14th. If you are looking for love use a condom when you love so you can continue to love for a very long time. If you plan on staying home to spend time with those you already love have a wonderful day celebrating why you love each other. And remember…no matter how you love, or whom you love, or if anyone else understands your love…today of all days, love the one you’re with.